Saturday, August 3, 2013

My daughter called me in tears, her bf sister is laying in a coma in icu. She has a disease  that is killing her. She has four children ranging from 4 - 13...  she still has a disease that is killing her. at the time of my daughters call Brianna was laying in a medically induced coma to try and save her from herself. Her body was tired... so tired of being abused by drugs and other kinds of holistic remedies to cure her of her disease. so very tired, it couldn't try any more.

A few days before she ended up in the hospital she turned 40. She celebrated her birthday in bed, too sick to get up. Her husband thought she would get over it soon. And went about the business of getting high. Her friends and family had not heard from her in days, remember, she has 4 children... wonder who was wondering who was caring for her kids? I would wonder? Finally someone, her husband maybe, or another family member decides to take her to the hospital. She is too sick to be at this hospital, and unfortunately the city she is in doesn't care much for drug addicts. They didn't read the memo... IT IS A DISEASE!  She has no more chance of helping herself than someone else try to cure themselves of cancer.

So the family gathers, sisters fly in, drive in, Brianna's father even shows up. Where were they when she was using? When her kids needed a good meal? A clean bed to sleep in? Was it her disease that made them complacent in regards to them rallying around her? Or do people really believe it's a disease. I keep using the word disease to make a point. IF this were a person with cancer, or some other disease that was socially acceptable stop for a minute... what would your thoughts be? Convict yourself??? What were your thoughts as you read this? Hmmmmmm

Brianna died!   dead~ no longer on this earth!

 Leaving her 4 children without their mother. Leaving her mother without a daughter. Leaving her brothers and sisters without their eldest sister. Leaving her husband without his wife ( but he hasn't stopped using himself) and even I am angry at this, and leave out the word disease regarding his behavior... and yes I am convicted of hypocrisy! I am you and you are me... sadly

So back to my daughter, my addict, my child with the same disease...

is she next?

while Brianna lay in her coma my daughter went and got high

when my daughter called to say Brianna had passed away she was still using.

when my daughter dies from the same disease... who will sit with me... who will gather at my house.

who will whisper behind my back, just out of earshot... she was just an addict.. better off without her



Its like cancer... people are afraid. .. there is a shame in addiction... for the family, for the parents. who is really to blame? 

And where is God in all this? I want to believe He is waiting for us to call out to Him. Waiting for us to ask him to rebuke the demons of addiction and lay hands of healing on people like Brianna, Leigh, Marshall, Evan, and the millions of others dying of this disease.

Father God, in the name Jesus my Lord and Savior... I ask you to rebuke the demon of addiction in......................... In Jesus name I pray! Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment