Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Face of a Heroin Addict










it not who Average -Joe is programed to think...




Heroin by definition
–noun Pharmacology.
a white, crystalline, narcotic powder, C21H23NO5, derived from morphine, formerly used as an analgesic and sedative: manufacture and importation of heroin are now controlled by federal law in the U.S. because of the danger of addiction.

Word Origin & History heroin
from Ger. Heroin, coined 1898 as trademark registered by Friedrich Bayer & Co. for their morphine substitute, traditionally from Gk. heros because of the euphoric feeling the drug provides.

I read a blog yesterday of someone who is the addict, not the mom of, or parent of, or spouse of... but the addict... what I found fascinating was the header of the daily blog... "Not all junkies are purse-snatching grandmother-killing psychos." see http://gledwood2.blogspot.com/ for complete story. Thank you God someone else knows what I believe... what we ALL need to know... it could be your son, your daughter, your mom or dad... sadness holds on to my heart.

When I look at the photo's of my daughter that capture a moment in time, where the drug is not in control, and Leigh shows herself I find myself fighting my constant denial that this drug addict is not my daughter. She is bright, funny, giving, engaging. She is also a heroin addict that has lost control over her life and given it over to a drug that is evil. A drug that now controls the emotion impulse's in her brain, where her emotions leave her without the help of the drug...

Like a a Jedi warrior facing Yoda she has little chance of winning the battle with out the correct weapons. Weapons that require daily use for years and years...

more....

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, when we think of a heroin addict we don't think of someone who looks as happy and sweet as Leigh does. But once upon a time most of the hardcore heroin addicts we think about were happy and sweet looking as well. I pray that Leigh gets the right arsenal to help her win against a vicious enemy.

    ReplyDelete